Breckenridge Ski Resort Fast Facts
Dates and Hours
2020-2021 Ski Season: Nov. 13, 2020 - Memorial Day, May 31, 2021
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. during early season.
Base Elevation: 9,600 ft.
Summit Elevation: 12,998 ft.
Vertical Rise: 3,398 ft.
Avg. Annual Snowfall: 355 inches
Acres Snowmaking: 617 acres
Total Skiable Acres: 2,908 acres
Conventional Trails: 187
Bowls: 1,061 acres
Longest Run: Four O'Clock at 3.5 miles/5.6 km
Terrain Parks: 4
Total number of lifts: 34
- 1 Gondola (8-passenger)
- 5 high-speed 6-passenger SuperChairs
- 5 high-speed quad chairs
- 1 fixed-grip Quad (Zendo)
- 1 triple lift
- 6 double lifts
- 4 Surface Lifts
- 11 Conveyors (carpets)
Average Winter Temperatures: 28 degrees daytime, 15 degrees nighttime
Average Summer Temperatures: 70 degrees daytime, 50 degrees nighttime
- Breck’s Imperial Express is the highest chairlift in North America, reaching 12,840 feet.
- Breckenridge enjoys more than 350 inches of snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year (on average).
- In 1984, Breckenridge was the first major Colorado resort to allow snowboarding.
- The town has one of the largest historic districts in the state of Colorado, with more than 200 structures on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Gold Pan Saloon (built in 1879) has one of the oldest liquor licenses west of the Mississippi.
- In 1887, Colorado’s largest piece of gold was discovered near Breckenridge. Nicknamed “Tom’s Baby”, it weighed 13.5 pounds.
Breckenridge sits two hours west of Denver International Airport (DEN) and 2.5 hours northwest of the Colorado Springs Airport (COS). From Denver, visitors drive 98 miles (159 km) west via I-70, then take exit 203 (Highway 9) south nine miles to Breckenridge. From Colorado Springs, visitors drive 110 miles (178 km) west through South Park and over Hoosier Pass, or via I-25 to C-470 to I-70.
High Altitude Preparedness
The elevation can affect people in different ways. Visitors should be mindful of the effects of altitude and make sure to always wear sunscreen, drink plenty of water and limit the consumption of alcohol and caffeine. If symptoms such as headache, nausea, lethargy or shortness of breath persist, visitors should seek immediate medical attention.
Need more statistics?
For more information about Breckenridge government, employment, economic indicators, education and more, visit www.townofbreckenridge.com.